Rules For Students
- Students are required to attend all classes (if you are not ill, and if there are no other serious reasons for the absence).
- If you are ill and absent from class, you should do tasks at home if possible.
- If you are absent for other important reasons, you should, if possible, do tasks at home or in the University computer classroom, if there are available seats in the classroom.
You must come in shoe covers and without outerwear if classes are in the computer classroom (outerwear is allowed only if it is on you).
Rules for performing tasks and laboratory work
- Each task or laboratory work must be issued in a file (or some files).
- This file must be named as it specified in the task (for example,
- Don’t forget to place the text of the task as a comment before the program:
- Test the program with different values:
- If you know how to do lab work, you can skip it and to make tasks (but it is better to do everything, to have enouph points).
Create a simple console application that allows you to enter an integer, increase it by one, and print the result out to the console
- zero and negative values,
- for tasks that calculate logical expressions, all True/False combinations must be considered,
- for tasks that have conditional statements, you should check all execution branches,
- for tasks with loops, you should check for cases where zero and one step of the loop are executed.
Obtaining admission to the exam
The essence of the grade-rating system can be formulated as follows: during the course, a student can score 100 rating points, of which 40 points are allocated for the exam and 60 for work per semester.
Admission to the exam is given to students who have scored 38 or more points.
At each lesson in the laboratory, a student can get from 0 to 4 "raw" (sometimes they say "dirty") points:
- 0 points: the student was absent or solved less than a third of the problems;
- 1 or 2 point: the student has solved up to two thirds (approximately), but not all of the problems.
- 3 or 4 points: the student has solved all the problems.